Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Newton 1/28 Fishing with the Old Man!



Went fishing today and skipped out of school a bit early. I had the priviledge of going with Chelsea's dad, Dennis. I am glad he likes to fish and likes to drink Diet Coke. If Diet Coke were beer, we would've been drunk. Well we drilled our holes in about 12 inches of ice. As soon as I dropped my line down, I lifted up and my rod was a bit heavy. I had Dennis come over and help me land it. He removed the fish finder and I lifted out a 3lb 8oz bass at 18 1/2 inches. No monster but a good fish for under the ice. We ended up keeping 19 crappie (very small), 8 bluegill, 2 perch, and the bass. I have decided to keep count of the number of crappie I catch for this 2009 year. I am up to 67. Needless to say, we had a good time. Good company, decent weather, and willing fish. Can't wait to go again!


Temp: 28 degrees

Light Snow showers




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look HOT!! Oh wait, I mean cold......well, you are the HOTTESsst ice fisher I've ever seen! Love you to pieces sweetie!!

Chani Pratt said...

Looks fun Lanee! I'm glad you got the "old man" out. He needs it sometimes :)