Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Fishergirl!




Well, if I wanted to go ice fishing any this week, I would have to get creative! Why not take Cambree! She has been once with the whole family last year to Hyrum Reservoir. Today we went to Newton Reservoir. We caught a few crappie and had a good time. She enjoyed being pulled on the sled. Man I love her! After 15 minutes of being there, she said she was ready to go. I am prepared! "Hey Cambree, you want a snack?" Twenty minutes later she is ready to go again, "You want a sucker?" I am getting good at this stalling technique. She wasn't to interested in catching fish. Finally, I agree to leave and catch two fish right at the end. When I reel the last fish in, she says, "Daddy, I want to catch a fish." So, I have to catch another fish and stay longer. By now, I was ready to leave and I "forced" myself to stay and try a get another. Well, one bit and I let her reel it in. She did a great job! She pulled it out and it was the biggest fish. She now has bragging rights! That is fine with me! She is my sweetheart and fishing buddy.

3 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

That is too cute! Sounds like fun! No ice fishing to be had in Arkansas! haha!

Chani Pratt said...

Nice job Cambree! Cute pics Lanee!

Jen said...

How fun - although she looks a bit cold! Tell her to come fish in Georgia... it's warmer here... and then we could meet her! :) Great blog!