Friday, January 2, 2009

Ice Fishing! Yes, I can walk on water!

Mantua 1/01/09

This is my third trip on the ice this year. This was the Third Annual Ice Fishing Trip and it was not to the usual lake we go to because it has been a bit warmer this year. Santa brought me a fishfinder this year for Christmas and this was the first chance to use it. What a blast! I don't why I was fishin in the dark guessing! I met up with some of my buddies but caught more fish on my own away from the noise and talking. I like to fish alone. I can then concentrate! As you see, I am a bit of a die hard fisherman and often times I need to relax or chill out. Air temp was around 20 degrees when we arrived and got up near 40 with the wind blowing 5-10 mph and gusting at times near 20. Stupid WIND! Moved around 4 times and found fish in 3 of the 4 places. Total catch 19 perch, 20 bluegill, 13 bass, and 10 trout. I threw all the trout back. Junk fish to me! Had a great time. Can't wait to head out again. Once again I would like to thank my wife for letting me go! I love you Chelsea!

Here are a few pics that my buddy took! They don't exactly represent what I caught but gives a general idea.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun honey!! I still don't know why you like to fish in those FREEZING cold temps though?? All the more power to you!