
As we sat around the house looking for something to do, we called the in-laws to see if we could grill some steaks. This of course is a family day and wanted to have quality time. The in-laws suggested we go out to Chili's and eat. Cambree and Tyler were up to it. The food was great! During the meal, I mentioned maybe we could go fishing. The men agreed! So after a few hours of family time, it was time to head out. Mantua is a 200 acre lake up in the Rocky Mtns. inbetween Logan and Brigham City. It is about a 25 minute drive from the house and is free to fish. We launched around 5:15 with a slight breeze from the NW. First fish was in the boat by 5:30. I rigged up a small lead headless jig with a small 1 inch black/chartruese jig tipped with a nightcrawler. I used this the entire time. We stayed till dark and kept 41 bluegill and 3 perch. It was a hoot and those things fight really hard for their size. Looking to head back later on this week if all goes according to plan.

Side note: I really have a great wife who deserves everything! She puts up with me and is the best mother in the entire world! I am so selfish and I wish I could give her the world or a maid so she wouldn't have to clean the house ever again!
Hopefully I'll get the pictures from the trip downloaded soon.




4 comments:
I'm glad you had fun!! I'm really NOT that great, maybe moody!! Love you!
Sounds fun Lan...keep the stories coming. I can't wait until you post some pics!
Lanee, I have to say...that is NOT a fish...that is bait, no matter which way you look at it.
Great blog, Lanee! Kendahl loves to fish - and used to go all of the time when we lived in Colo Spgs. I remember being pregnant (and totally sick) and he'd bring home those nasty, smelly fish and put them in our freezer - and everytime I opened it up - those things were starring at me! I always wanted to run into the bathroom and throw up! Anyway, great blog! We'll keep checking it for updates on the great outdoors! Tell your family hi for us!
Post a Comment